Cancer Care Services
Our cancer program gives patients access to some of the area’s leading board-certified medical and radiation oncologists, as well as highly skilled radiologists, surgeons, pathologists, nurses, therapists, dietitians, social workers, and other professional support staff dedicated to treating cancer patients. Our services are available on-site and in cooperation with other area facilities.
Good Samaritan’s Comprehensive Cancer Program has been recognized with consecutive (2011 and 2014) Commission on Cancer Outstanding Achievement Awards.
Did you know that our Oncology Center has a nurse navigator that is available to guide patients through an oncology diagnosis process?
The oncology nurse navigator is a registered oncology nurse dedicated to coordinate the clinical, educational and supportive needs of patients who are facing the possibility of a cancer diagnosis. The oncology nurse navigator can help patients and their loved ones navigate along the way by:
- Guidance through the diagnostic imaging process
- Directing additional health care services for further diagnosis and treatment
- Answering questions or help find the answers patients may require
- If necessary, coordinate care among various physicians, for example, a surgeon, medical oncologist or radiation oncologist
- Connecting patients with additional support services, including local services, social work, counseling or financial resources