Hospital Reopening Announcements
Our clinics are open, elective procedures are ready to be scheduled, and our emergency rooms continue to be a safe place to treat ALL emergencies. From serious conditions to aches and pains, your health care needs didn’t stop. We know this. And now it’s time to get you and your family the advanced medical care you need.
Good Samaritan Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous five-point standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- The Emergency Department has mechanisms in place to separate COVID from NON-COVID patients and continues to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- Rigorous cleaning procedures continue to be a top priority.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to care for you in a safe, controlled and professional way.
We’re here, and we’re ready to provide the care you need.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT VISITING RESTRICTIONS
The safety and well-being of our patients, visitors and staff is our number one priority.
Please be aware of the following newly revised guidelines before visiting Good Samaritan Medical Center.
All Non-Covid patients: May have one visitor at a time.
All potential visitors must:
- Enter through a designated area of the hospital.
- Screen negative for COVID symptoms or risk factors. Individuals with any symptoms will not be permitted to visit.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Wear a face mask at all times.
- Hand sanitize upon entering and leaving the facility and any patient room.
- Maintain social distancing while in the facility.
- Remain in the patient's room during the visit.
Covid positive patients: No visitors are allowed.
- End-of-life patients.
- Pediatric patients.
- Laboring or post-partum patients.
- Other special circumstances will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- One visitor or support person is allowed.
- One adult may accompany patient.
- One adult may drop off the patient for their surgery. No visitors are permitted to wait inside the surgery center waiting area for same-day procedures (unless the parent of a child/minor having a procedure).
- May have one designated support person/labor partner.
General visitor information:
Parents of patients who are under the age of 18 years old, attorneys of patients and companions for patients with intellectual and/or physical disabilities are not considered visitors but must be screened.
In compassionate care situations, including but not limited to end-of-life situations, decisions about visitation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Good Samaritan Medical Center will continue to support electronic methods for communication between patients and all other visitors, including Skype, FaceTime and Google Duo visits.
Everyone must wear a mask, including patients and visitors.
This measure continues for your protection, as well as the protection of patients and hospital staff. We ask for your understanding and appreciate your cooperation in our commitment to keeping our community safe.
While we are sensitive to the difficulties facing loved ones of hospitalized patients, our health care team must keep our patients and staff safe during this unprecedented health emergency.
Non-essential personnel, such as sales vendors, who do not provide direct care will be restricted from entering the facility.
Entrance to the hospital will be restricted to the following entrances:
Main Entrance: Every day from 7 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Emergency Entrance: 24 hours a day / 7 days a week.
The Good Samaritan Medical Center team appreciates your understanding and cooperation in helping to keep our communities safe.