818 Oak St.
Brockton, MA 02301
Colorectal Surgery at Good Samaritan Medical Center
Our colorectal surgeons specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of colorectal diseases. They are committed to working together to develop a personalized care plan to treat your condition. This includes collaborating with gastroenterologists, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, and surgeons from other specialties to offer our patients an integrated treatment plan.
Conditions treated include:
- Anorectal and rectal conditions, including hemorrhoids, anal fissures, anal fistulas, and rectal-vaginal fissures
- Colon cancer
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Inflammatory bowel diseases, including Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
- Rectal cancer
- Fecal incontinence
In some cases, surgery may be required to treat any one of these conditions. Such procedures can include a colectomy, where all or part of the colon is removed, and laparoscopic surgery for benign and malignant conditions.
Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgical Options
Good Samaritan Medical Center's surgical team offers the most advanced minimally invasive surgical options, including laparoscopic and robotic surgery. The benefits of minimally invasive surgical procedures include:
- Faster recovery and shorter hospital stay
- Fewer stitches and less scarring
- Lower risk of complications and infections
- Less blood loss and the need for transfusions
- Quicker return to normal activities