Cosmetic procedures are primarily intended to improve the appearance of facial and bodily features, while reconstructive procedures are generally involved with the correction of deformities that may result from cancer, trauma or tumor surgery.
Common Procedures in Cosmetic Surgery
Cosmetic surgery can make a significant contribution in our lives by improving the appearance of normal body features and enhancing self-image and confidence.
- Breast augmentation and reduction
- Chin augmentation
- Eyelid surgery
- Nose surgery
- Ear correction
- Tummy tuck
- Correction of enlarged male breasts
Common Procedures in Reconstructive Surgery
Reconstructive surgery includes the repair of congenital deformities such as cleft lip, laser surgery, post-surgical reconstruction such as breast and head and neck defects.
- Treatment of skin cancer
- Reconstruction after cancer surgery
- Reconstruction following traumatic injuries
- Reconstruction of congenital defects
- Closure of complex wounds
- Treatment of facial injuries