VISITOR ACCESS RESTRICTIONS Effective March 20, 2020
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT VISITING RESTRICTIONS
The safety and well-being of our patients, visitors and staff is our number one priority.
Please be aware of the following newly revised guidelines before visiting Good Samaritan Medical Center.
Effective Friday, March 20th
NO VISITORS WILL BE ALLOWED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Exceptions may be made in certain circumstances:
• Pediatric care (Parent/Guardian will be permitted, maximum TWO persons).
• Maternity and Labor and Delivery Units (only ONE significant other/support person can visit).
• Special Care Nursery (TWO parents/support persons can visit).
PLEASE NOTE: Extenuating circumstances (such as hospice and end-of-life care) will also be considered based
on the best interest and needs of the individual patient.
• Patient may be accompanied by ONE Adult.
• May be accompanied by ONE adult (unless an aide or assistant is required).
Approved visitors will be screened for the following and may NOT be allowed to visit or stay based on:
• Recent international travel history.
• Recent domestic travel to areas with widespread COVID-19 infection.
• Contact with individuals with known COVID-19.
• Cold or flu-like symptoms.
Approved visitors may enter the campus through the following entrances only:
· ER entrance – 24/7
· Main entrance – 7 AM to 8 PM
In addition, all visitors must wash their hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer before and after visiting.
Individuals 18 years of age and under will not be permitted.
While we are sensitive to the difficulties facing loved ones of hospitalized patients, our health care team must keep our patients and staff safe during
this unprecedented health emergency.
We encourage family members and friends to use alternative ways to interact with their loved ones, including phone calls, Facetime and Skype.